Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a Cooking Light cookbook.
Make and share this Sautéed Green Beans and Onions With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Trim green beans and cut in half.
- Cook beans in boiling water for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Rinse with cold water; drain and pat dry.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add onions to drippings, cook 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and thyme, cook 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Add beans and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Stir in crumbled bacon just before serving.
I've never really used cocktail onions for anything other than appetiser trays so was intrigued to try this...is a nice blend of salty & sweet & tangy..nice for something different..thanks for posting!
I omitted the sugar but other than that followed the recipe. Very easy to do. And it tastes so good with the bacon and onions. Thanks AZPARZYCH :) Made for Make my recipe tag game
I love green beans and I really loved these! I just used a yellow onion and cut it up into medium sized pieces. I enjoyed the slight sweetness from the sugar. I have already made these twice! Thanks for the recipe.