1/7 Photos of Sautéed Green Beans and Onions With Bacon
I got this recipe from a Cooking Light cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim green beans and cut in half.
- 2Cook beans in boiling water for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3Rinse with cold water; drain and pat dry.
- 4Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 5Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- 6Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 7Add onions to drippings, cook 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 8Add sugar and thyme, cook 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- 9Add beans and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 10Add vinegar, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 11Stir in crumbled bacon just before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sautéed Green Beans and Onions With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 514.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g