1 hr 5 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
A Blue Ribbon Winner by Valerie Reeves She says: "For years, I tried to find a recipe for stuffed shells and/or manicotti that included meat in the filling. So, after lots of experimenting, I came up with my own! My husband and kids beg me to make this - they say it is the best pasta dish ever"! I say: You have got to try this one.... It's a winner alright! I tried it with the spinach and onions and it was great! Note: Ground beef may be used, but I prefer hot or mild Italian sausage. Optional ingredients that may be added to skillet include spinach, onions, mushrooms, depending on preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool on paper towel.
- 3Brown sausage in large skillet, on medium heat. Drain fat and return skillet to stove.
- 4Add diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and cream cheese to skillet, and continue cooking on medium heat, until cream cheese is completely melted. (About 15-20 minutes).
- 5Pour contents of skillet into large mixing bowl.
- 6Add beaten egg, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese, and mix thoroughly. Mixture may seem a little watery, but don't worry, it will thicken during baking.
- 7Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 8Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce into bottom of pan and spread around.
- 9Spoon meat mixture into each shell and place in pan. (This recipe should make 16-18 shells).
- 10Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the shells.
- 11Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, spread remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top of shells, and return to oven for last 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.6
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Sodium 1790.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: