Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on another web site. My hubby really likes this one so posting to share with other Food'y members.
- 10 ounces breakfast sausage (or italian)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach, torn (or kale)
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 ounces cheese, shredded (I use monterey)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, shredded
- In a large ovenproof skillet; crumble sausage & cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain & set aside.
- In the same skillet with oil, sauté the onions, mushrooms, garlic & seasonings until vegetables are just tender.
- Add spinach in batches; cook over medium-low heat for 3 - 4 min or until spinach begins to wilt.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs & hot pepper sauce.
- Return sausage to skillet & pour egg mixture evenly over top.
- As eggs start to set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- Cook 8 – 10 mins until eggs are nearly set.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Broil egg mixture 6” from the heat for 30 - 60 seconds or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; broil 30 seconds longer or until melted.
- Cut into wedges & serve immediately.