Mustang Sally 54269's Note:
Found this on another web site. My hubby really likes this one so posting to share with other Food'y members.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces breakfast sausage (or italian)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach, torn (or kale)
- 5 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 ounces cheese, shredded (I use monterey)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, shredded
- 1In a large ovenproof skillet; crumble sausage & cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain & set aside.
- 2In the same skillet with oil, sauté the onions, mushrooms, garlic & seasonings until vegetables are just tender.
- 3Add spinach in batches; cook over medium-low heat for 3 - 4 min or until spinach begins to wilt.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk eggs & hot pepper sauce.
- 5Return sausage to skillet & pour egg mixture evenly over top.
- 6As eggs start to set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 7Cook 8 – 10 mins until eggs are nearly set.
- 8Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- 9Broil egg mixture 6” from the heat for 30 - 60 seconds or until set.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese; broil 30 seconds longer or until melted.
- 11Cut into wedges & serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage & Spinach Eggs (With Mushrooms)
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.9
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 344.2 mg
- Sodium 937.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: