1/4 Photos of Sausage Potato Lasagna
2 hrs 45 mins
Yes, this takes some effort but it is scrumptious. I think it is even better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is browned; drain and set aside.
- 2Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 5In a bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan and egg; set aside.
- 6In a saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- 7Stir in flour, salt, pepper and the optional nutmeg until blended.
- 8Gradually add milk.
- 9Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Layer half the potatoes in a greased 11x7 inch casserole dish.
- 12Top with half of the spinach mixture, sausage mixture, white sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 13Layer with remaining potatoes, spinach, sausage, and white sauce.
- 14Cover and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 15Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- 16Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 17Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Potato Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.4
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 109.5 mg
- Sodium 910.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 28.3 g