Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thin and crispy pizza -- easy to make.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Italian sausages
- Dissolve yeast in water with pinch of sugar to test. Set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, olive oil in bowl. When yeast water is slightly foamy, pour inches.
- Mix together until doughy. Remove from bowl, knead with hands about minutes until dough forms smooth ball. Place in bowl, cover with towl, let rise about 3 hours.
- Dough rises to about twice original size. Cut in half. Roll each half with a rolling pin on a floured surface to desired shape and size for pizza (I use a baking stone (ungreased) or jelly-roll pan (greased)), and put on pan.
- Spread tomato sauce across surface of dough. Sprinkle seasoning and parmesan cheese. Scatter meat evenly over surface. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat for other half of dough. Serve with antipasta salad.
- Bake in 450 oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is gold and bubbly.
- Cut into about 15 squares.