Homemade Deep Dish Sausage Pizza
This came out of Quick Cooking Magazine. It is delicious. It is new to our family but will be a much repeated recipe. Kids love it too. :)
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- green pepper ring
- On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 9 inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll and stretch the dough into a 12 in circle.
- Sprinkle corn meal into a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Place dough in pan and press 1 inch up the sides of pan.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Top with sausage, 1 cup cheese, oregano and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack; let stand for 5 minutes before removing sides of pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This has become my standard "I am too lazy to cook" meal. I love how the cornmeal gives the crust a nice nutty crunch. This recipe is so flexible! I have used pepperoni, sausage, hamburger..I even once used SteakUms from the freezer section with onions, mushrooms and peppers for a Philly Cheesteak Pizza!! WOW!