Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a Johsonville advertisement. This is super delicious.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagebreakfast sausage patties
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shells (like Pet Ritz)
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat for three minutes, chopping into small pieces.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and peppers.
- Cook and stir five minutes longer or until sausage in no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in eggs and milk.
- Stir in the cheeses, salt, pepper, nutmeg and the sausage misture.
- Pour into frozen pie shell.
- Bake uncovered (on cookie sheet) at 350 for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over browling.
- Let stand ten minutes before serving.
I had the neighbors over for brunch and served this delightful quiche! I served it along with a side of fruit and a pitcher of Mimosas. Ahhhhh, my neighbors love me. They asked for the recipe. Thanks for sharing, Sherri35.