Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve this biscuit with butter along with some eggs, glass of milk and orange juice so get your morning going right.
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- butter, melted
- Brown sausage and drain, set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in sausage.
- Dissolved yeast in warm water in another bowl, let stand five minutes.
- Add buttermilk.
- Stir into dry ingredients just to moisten.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough six times.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a two-inch circular cutter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet, brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake at 450º for 10-12 minutes or golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Just made this recipe over the weekend, it was quick, easy everybody loved it.
This was great. The guys loved it. My DH had over bought sausage, and was wanting something different for breakfast. This just fit the bill. we ate it with scrambled eggs and it was delicious!
Interesting variation on the meat-in-a-bun theme. Can't wait to experiment with different sausages. Thanks.