Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lazy meal that is quick to put together.
- 500 g sausages
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry sausages, the add apples, onion.
- continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potato.
*AUS/NZ SWAP #18* This was very tasty -- did not have apple cider (wrong time of year here), so used apple juice. Had mild Italian sausage and Granny Smith apples, all fried up in very short order. Served with Mashed potatoes (as suggested) and baked zucchini slices, for a most satisfying meal. Still have enough for small portions another night. Thanks, dj, for sharing.