Sweet Potato- Apple Casserole
I took parts of two differnt recipes and came up with this one last Thanksgivinig and it was a hit at our house.
- Ready In:
- 2 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1 lb baking apple (or any apple you like to use)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- Slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice apples 1/4 inch thick.
- Put lemon juice on apples.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Alternate layers of potatoes and apples in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle each layer with sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned and apples are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation