Recipe by Marie
In less than an hour, you can make this thick stew that tastes as if it has been cooking all day. Can be served with linguine.
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
Very good and satisfying stew! I adjusted the recipe a bit, based upon ingredients on hand. I used 10 ounces hot Italian sausage chunks and a full 14.5 ounce can petite-diced tomatoes. I also subbed 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning for the rosemary and thyme. The stew combined really well with Recipe #105861. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 (19 ounce) canwhite cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cubed or 1 cup canned tomato
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add onions, salt and pepper and half the herbs and half the garlic and cook, stirring frequently for about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add sausage to another skillet and cover with 1/2 c water.
- Cook over high heat until water evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Remove sausage from skillet with a slotted spoon and add to skillet with the onions.
- Cook to allow sausage to brown lightly on both sides.
- Add beans, wine, broth, tomatoes and remaining herbs and garlic.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook another 6 minutes until sauce is somewhat thickened and greens are tender.