Recipe by wwltmom
This recipe was the Entrees Winner in our local newspaper's "Holiday Recipe Contest".
Top Review by nasirahnurah
This was very delicious and so simple and quick to make. I made this several hours before dinner and I can't stop nibbling at it. I know for sure this going to be added to my rotation of meals. I think this is great for dinner or lunch. I hope to add a picture if I don't eat it all before grabbing my camera. BTW, I used turkey Italian sausage...so yummy. I don't eat pork.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb cheese ravioli, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup hormel real bacon bits
- 29 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice Italian sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Boil 6 cups of water, 2 1/2 T. salt and 1/4 cup olive oil in saucepan. Add frozen ravioli to boiling water and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Drain water.
- Toss ravioli with 2 T. olive oil to keep pasta from sticking together. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, brown sausage and bacon crumbles. Drain. Add pasta sauce and 1 cup heavy cream to sausage and simmer for 2 minutes. Add pasta. Mix well. Top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.