Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A great item to have at any brunch setting. These also work well for breakfast when you have overnight guests. Then reheat well to so you can make a batch on the weekend for the hectic mornings during the work week.
Top Review by littlemafia
Yummy in my tummy! Loved every bite of it. I'm so glad I discovered this dish,all the other egg dishes that I made so far had no flour so they were never this fluffy.I halved the recipe and replaced the mushrooms with zuchinni.I baked it in a round silicon pan.Served it with some mucho mas habaneros sauce . Thanks for sharing and teaching me how to make fluffy eggs.
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour, divided
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 946.36 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml crumbled pork sausage, fully cooked and drained well
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
- In same skillet brown and crumble the sausage. Drain well on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses.
- Melt remaining butter; add to egg mixture.
- Stir into dry ingredients along with, sausage crumbles, and mushroom mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup before removing.