Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great item to have at any brunch setting. These also work well for breakfast when you have overnight guests. Then reheat well to so you can make a batch on the weekend for the hectic mornings during the work week.
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour, divided
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 946.36 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml crumbled pork sausage, fully cooked and drained well
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
- In same skillet brown and crumble the sausage. Drain well on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses.
- Melt remaining butter; add to egg mixture.
- Stir into dry ingredients along with, sausage crumbles, and mushroom mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup before removing.
Yummy in my tummy! Loved every bite of it. I'm so glad I discovered this dish,all the other egg dishes that I made so far had no flour so they were never this fluffy.I halved the recipe and replaced the mushrooms with zuchinni.I baked it in a round silicon pan.Served it with some mucho mas habaneros sauce . Thanks for sharing and teaching me how to make fluffy eggs.
I loved this!! I made a half batch just for us and still will have some leftovers. I've made versions of this recipe without the flour and they don't compare. The Monterey Jack cheese added great flavor. I've saved this to my recipe box and will be making often! Thanks for posting!
I made these this morning for breakfast and ate one and froze the rest. I only made 1/2 of the recipe, which gave me 12 muffins. I didn't have mushrooms or green onions so I subbed green pepper and regular minced onion, but otherwise followed as written. I checked them after 25 minutes and they were done. These were very tasty and will be great for quick breakfasts!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Potluck Tag Game.