Recipe by oldbern
This is a savory, hearty and figure-friendly fall or winter soup that is simple to prepare, and delightful to enjoy. Add any other vegetables you have on hand to enhance the delicious vegetable flavors. Enjoy.
Top Review by Ck2plz
Yummy! I had cabbage to burn so I was looking for something simple. I made no changes with this recipe. If you do not like caraway seeds this is not for you. The only change I would make is to reduce the carroway seeds. I would start with 1 1/2 tsp. I would make this again.
- 1 lb Polish sausage, smoked, halved length-wise and chopped 3/4 inch
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped sausage and sautee until heated through.
- Add sausage, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onion, caraway seeds, italian seasoning, celery salt, broth, and water to crock pot. Cook on high for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining seasonings to crock pot, stir well. Continue cooking on high for three more hours until carrots are soft and all cabbage is cooked throughout. Enjoy!