Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
i have a great sausage recipe... it's not haute cuisine.. but by golly does it taste good!!!
- 16 bob evans dinner sausage links (NOT maple!)
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced.
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 dash dried basil
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine, for flavour of course
- In large saucepan, fry saute garlic, bacon, mushrooms, stock cube and onion til soft and aromatic.
- Add sausage links and brown (about 10 mins) Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, worcester sauce and basil.
- Simmer over medium low heat for about 35-45 minutes Thats it!
- nothing to it really but its sooooooo tasty and fantastic for winter.
- I serve with broccoli and jacket potatoes and there is never any leftovers!