Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite recipe to make,very easy.I found this recipe in the paper some 20 years ago.
- 6 pork chops (3/4")
- 1 large onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In large frying pan or electric skillet brown chops on both sides in small amount of oil.
- Season with garlic salt and onion salt if desired.
- Place sliced onions on top of each.
- Combine remaining ingrediants in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over chops and cover.
- Simmer for one hour or until done.
- Spoon sauce over chops and mashed potatoes.
- Comfort food at its best.
We tried this last night and wasn't too impressed, the onion was overpowering and the ketchup made it too sweet. Next time will substitute mushrooms for the onion and omit the ketchup.
This was good, but not as good as I had hoped. It was very easy to make, but the sauce was a little bland for our taste...it tasted like it was missing something. I'm sorry I can't rate it higher.
I have been looking for this recipe for 25 yrs.It was one of the meals i first made.We had it tonite for dinner and it was just as good as i remember.Thank you!