Easy and Saucy Crock Pot Pork Chops - Healthier Version!
photo by Leslie
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (I get fairly thick chops so they don't dry out in the crock pot)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I like to use either canola or olive oil)
- 2 cups no-sugar-added ketchup (low carb)
- 1⁄2 cup packed splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon hickory-flavored liquid smoke (don't omit this!)
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in oil on both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke.
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Top with pork chops and remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-1/4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW and WOW. Very good chops.I love the lower fat and the "healthy" aspect. I used homemade tomatoe puree in place of no sugar catsup as I did not have any. All else was the same. This will definitely be a repeater in my house especially now that toe cooler weather is coming. The sauce itself can be used on other meats so my next try will be chicken breasts.What a treat to come in from working in the garden all day and having dinner all ready to go. Made for AUS/NZ Swap 43
This is a real nice recipe for chops, and seriously couldn't be easier then putting chops in the pot & coming home to a wonderful, delicious treat. I followed this exactly, except I used regular ketchup, regular brown sugar, and added the onion, and some garlic as suggested by other reviewers. At the end, I put the chops on a warmed plate, and added 1 teaspoon of corn starch with cool water to make a slurry and added to the "gravy" to thicken it a bit, and spooned the thickened sauce onto some rice/ and chops. Delicious! Thank you LifeIsGood!
see 23 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!