Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Amazing little sauce with fresh veggies and browned chicken breast. Simple enough for any weeknight yet still special and flavorful enough for guests. Adapted from a recipe I found at Kraft.com and changed quite a bit for my family.
Top Review by Red Apple Guy
We served this tonight at our family get-together and it was a major hit. I followed the recipe as written and served it with brown rice, asparagus, broccoli and onion rye bread. Outstanding. We'll have this again. everybody raved about it.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut as desired
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken and peppers in a sprayed or lightly oiled skillet until browned on both sides. (about 5 minutes each side). Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in cream cheese, broth, dressing, onions and basil. Cook stirring often until sauce begins to thicken and chicken is cooked through (170°F.).
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or rice.