Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Amazing little sauce with fresh veggies and browned chicken breast. Simple enough for any weeknight yet still special and flavorful enough for guests. Adapted from a recipe I found at Kraft.com and changed quite a bit for my family.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut as desired
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Saute chicken and peppers in a sprayed or lightly oiled skillet until browned on both sides. (about 5 minutes each side). Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in cream cheese, broth, dressing, onions and basil. Cook stirring often until sauce begins to thicken and chicken is cooked through (170°F.).
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
We served this tonight at our family get-together and it was a major hit. I followed the recipe as written and served it with brown rice, asparagus, broccoli and onion rye bread. Outstanding. We'll have this again. everybody raved about it.
We all enjoyed this recipe very much. I used 1 whole red pepper and one whole green pepper. I didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I was just going to add a small can of whole tomatoes, but I didn't have that either, so I skipped them, and it was still good. I'm sure the tomatoes add a nice counterpoint to the sauce. I also didn't have green onions, so I just added a chopped white onion with the peppers.
Served with white rice and it was great!