Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Buy cooked chicken breast to save time, or substitute frozen shrimp as another lean protein source.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3 cups sliced green onions, 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 8 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce: Combine soy sauce through pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- To prepare vegetables, heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add sprouts, onions, carrots, and ginger; stri-fry 3 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; stir-fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Stir in sauce mixture and pasta; cook 4 minutes until pasta is coated, stirring well.