Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Buy cooked chicken breast to save time, or substitute frozen shrimp as another lean protein source.
Make and share this Saucy Chicken Lo Mein recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3 cups sliced green onions, 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 8 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce: Combine soy sauce through pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- To prepare vegetables, heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add sprouts, onions, carrots, and ginger; stri-fry 3 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; stir-fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Stir in sauce mixture and pasta; cook 4 minutes until pasta is coated, stirring well.