Recipe by Psalm AKA Typo Qween
Another recipe from the Anne of Green Gable cookbook by Kate Macdonald. It sounds delicious and one day will remember to try it. The note on book also says that is great on the barbecue as well. Please note servings are estimate.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 yellow onion, small
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Wash the chicken pieces under cold running water and pat dry with paper towel. Pull off any large lumps of fat.
- Arrange chicken pieces in baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel onion and garlic clove and chop both very finely.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add onion and garlic and cool over low heat until onion transparent (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in all remaining ingredients with wooden spoon.
- Bring sauce to boil then turn down heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After chicken has baked drain off any juice. Spoon half of sauce over chicken and put back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and turn over and spoon rest of sauce and bake for another 10 minutes.