1/2 Photos of Saucy Asian Bok Choy
White Rose Child's Note:
I don't know much at all about cooking with Asian flavors, so I really got lucky with this creation. Try out different greens or a mixture with other vegetables (I bet broccoli and cauliflower would be good) but I love it with bok choy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (a full teaspoon will make it pretty hot)
- 3/4 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups bok choy, chopped (including the white parts, chop them finely)
- 1Combine all 7 first ingredients, for the sauce, in a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- 2Add white parts of the bok choy and cook on medium-low, covered, about 5 minutes, till softened.
- 3Add the green parts of bok choy and let cook 3-5 minutes more. Stir, remove from the heat, cover and let the greens soften further for 3-5 minutes.
- 4Dish it up and spoon some of the sauce over each serving. This is also quite good as leftovers served cold.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saucy Asian Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: