Recipe by White Rose Child
I don't know much at all about cooking with Asian flavors, so I really got lucky with this creation. Try out different greens or a mixture with other vegetables (I bet broccoli and cauliflower would be good) but I love it with bok choy!
Top Review by Darkhunter
A good solid side dish. But then, it's made with bok choy! Made this to accompany Recipe #234169 and rice. Dinner was definitely great last night. Thnx for sharing your recipe, White Rose Child. Made for ZWT6 as a member of the Voracious Vagabonds.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (a full teaspoon will make it pretty hot)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups bok choy, chopped (including the white parts, chop them finely)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all 7 first ingredients, for the sauce, in a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add white parts of the bok choy and cook on medium-low, covered, about 5 minutes, till softened.
- Add the green parts of bok choy and let cook 3-5 minutes more. Stir, remove from the heat, cover and let the greens soften further for 3-5 minutes.
- Dish it up and spoon some of the sauce over each serving. This is also quite good as leftovers served cold.