Sesame Salmon Fillets and Bok Choy
photo by jessica.l.briggs
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In shallow dish, combine sesame seeds, grated ginger, peppercorns and salt.
- In another dish, lightly beat egg.
- Dip each salmon fillet into egg, letting excess drip off.
- Gently press into sesame mixture, turning to coat.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook salmon, turning once, for 4 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to plate.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Add bok choy, red pepper, vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil to pan; cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until bok choy is wilted.
- Arrange salmon over bok choy; cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this salmon. The ginger, pepper and sesame seed crust on the salmon was very good and helped the salmon stay very moist. The cooking times were right on. The bok choy was absolutely wonderful. The sesame oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce is a fantastic combination. I wouldn't recommend leaving any of these ingredients out. I will make this again and again. Even the bok choy without the salmon would make a tasty and colourful side dish to any meal.
DELICIOUS!!! Made this for our dinner last night and this is definately a keeper and a great meal for company. Followed the instructions completelyn (only cutting this down for the two of us) and put this recipe in my Favorites of 2012. The flavors were wonderful and the cooking time on the salmon was right on. Thank you for posting. Made for Greens for Spring ~ Diabetic Forum.