Szechuan Bok Choy
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 8 baby bok choy, quartered lenghtwise
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- In a wok, stir-fry bok choy in oil for 3 minutes. Add ginger and 1/4 tsp of salt; stir-fry 2 minutes more.
- Add paste and hoisin sauce; stir-fry 1 minute more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great flavor! I omitted the salt and didn't have any hoisin, so substituted some soy sauce and Brag's liquid aminos. I would recommend mixing the paste with some sauce before adding it to the pan because it tended to stay in a lump in the pan. Thanks for a wonderful way to eat bok choy, which I read was a good source of calcium.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have 6 children 4 boys and 2 girl,ilove to cook and try lots of different foods,my real name is Britt and i live in louisiana i like to collect recipes,cookbooks,dolls,and angels,i just started having a intrest in teacups and teapots,i also like amish rag dolls.