Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
yet to try, another reviewer on another site reccomends using canned corn instead of frozen
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cups potatoes (about 1 1/4 lbs, cubed peeled)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- COOK bacon in large saucepan until crisp; drain.
- Return bacon to pan.
- STIR in potatoes, broth, corn, onion and celery.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- MIX dressing and flour in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Jazz It Up
- Sprinkle individual servings with additional chopped cooked bacon and chopped fresh parsley.
Very good and hearty! I used light mayo instead of the Miracle Whip and peppered bacon. The only addition I may add next time is a lot of pepper, but this is great as is. Thanks for sharing this keeper!