Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These will make the time on the range fly by.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts or 1 cup coconut
- Cream together shortening and sugars, then add eggs.
- Sift into mixture the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the oatmeal, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minute.