Sarah's Owl Cookies
Keep not only your eyes open for these but your stomach too ... you will need it because you will be filling it with these great cookies.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening, soft
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 whole cashews
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening. Stir in peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Mix in oats.
- Divide dough in half. Shape one half into and 8 inch long roll. Sir melted chocolate into the remaining half.
- Roll chocolate dough on waxed paper to an 8 inch square. Place 8 inch roll on chocolate dough.
- Wrap chocolate dough around it and pinch the seams together. Wrap it all in waxed paper. Chill for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut in 1/4 inch squares. Now make owls face. Pinch chocolate dough to form two ears. Use 2 chocolate chips for eyes and a cashew for the beak.
- Place on ungreased cooked sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more