Easy- Sarah's Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by littlemisszoechef
- Ready In:
24 large cookies
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Add both sugars, stir until smooth and sugars are dissolved.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips.
- Freeze for 1/2 an hour, or refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bake at 325 F for approximately 8-10 minutes on an UN-greased cookie sheet. If you overcook, they aren't as good. These cookies disappear fast, so eat them faster. If you can't eat them right away, put them in the freezer, and they stay nice and chewy longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Had to work with this a bit -- the first batch was impossible to remove from the cookie sheet, they were so fragile. Used parchment paper the next time, and slid the whole batch from the hot cookie sheet to a rack and let them cool. Worked like a charm and the cookies were rhapsodically praised. I will definitely make these again.
My daughter keeps requesting a thin chocolate chip cookie (the opposite of the hearty ones that I love!). She even made the dough! We found around a cup & 1/4 of chips plenty. The cookies baked up PERFECTLY (level but still sturdy). They were thicker than the photo. Both batches baked up consistently. The flavor was the BEST and the texture delighted my daughter and me (plus the rest of the family). I froze the dough for 25 min. You are the "Queen of the chocolate chip cookies!" Thanks for posting. Roxygirl
Good cookie!! I was a bit hesitant , the dough seemed too moist for a cookie dough , but after the fridge time , it worked well. I don't know if this is normal for this cookie or not , but they flattened out quite a bit , but the flavor and texture are very good!! I got 30 cookies , thanks for posting another chocolate chip cookie option!! Made for PAC '08
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live with my husband and two wonderful children in one of the coldest cities on the planet. To stay warm all winter I cook. I cook for fun, for stress relief, for dinner, for friends, for anything.