2 hrs 10 mins
A very good bean recipe I found on the internet back in the olden days when there were no graphics and no color monitors...a long time ago! I did not add overnight soaking in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
- 2Drain and cover with fresh cold water and simmer 2 hours or until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, sauté bacon and ham until lightly browned.
- 4Add garlic and sauté 1 or 2 minutes, then add tomato puree, chili sauce, sugar, mustard and salt.
- 5Drain most of liquid off beans and stir in sauce.
- 6Keep warm over very low heat, or in low oven until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Maria Beans
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 522.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili sauce