Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A very good bean recipe I found on the internet back in the olden days when there were no graphics and no color monitors...a long time ago! I did not add overnight soaking in prep time.
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
- Drain and cover with fresh cold water and simmer 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon and ham until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 or 2 minutes, then add tomato puree, chili sauce, sugar, mustard and salt.
- Drain most of liquid off beans and stir in sauce.
- Keep warm over very low heat, or in low oven until ready to serve.