Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I got this out of the TV guide back in the early 90's I believe its a Sargento recipe, but none the less its really great! Just remember to let sit overnight!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (leave whole) or 1 -2 lb flank steak (leave whole)
- 4 slices red onions, cut in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 bell peppers, sliced in half (use different colored ones!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup freshly made salsa (or if desperate use canned)
- 56 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup fancy shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine meat, oil, lime juice, onion, peppers, garlic and salsa in a sealed plastic bag.
- Marinate overnight in fridge.
- Grill or broil meat and veggies 4-5 inches from heat source for 5-8 minutes per side.
- Bring the marinade to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Cut meat into thin strips.
- Cut veggies into thin strips.
- Divide among the tortillas and drizzle with a little marinade.
- Sprinkle with cheese and roll up.
- Top with sour cream and more salsa if desired.