Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A rich caramel fudge sauce familiar to Detroit natives in the 50's and 60's. When Sander's disappeared, Mom recreated the legendary sauce. It's decadent on cream puffs with vanilla ice cream, or brownies with choco-mint ice cream. Best of all licked off a finger straight from the fridge!
- Place milk and caramels in double boiler and heat, stirring, until hot and smooth cream is obtained.
- Chop the chocolate and add it to above hot cream. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Mix in soft ice cream and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- VARIATION: Instead of using milk, substitute 1/3 very strong coffee.
- NOTE: Can easily be prepared in the microwave instead of a double boiler. It's a really old recipe!