Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a unique and tasty way to serve pork chops. The sauce is sooo tasty. This dish goes well with rice and a cooked veggie. Yummy!
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in skillet, and brown chops on both sides.
- Meanwhile, combine the 2 teaspoon oil, broth or sherry, brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Add garlic to pork chops, and pour sauce mixture over everything.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes, adding 1-2 Tablespoon of water if needed to keep sauce from cooking down too much.
- Turn chops once.
- Remove chops to platter.
- In pan, stir in cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tablespoon of water.
- Cook until thickened.
- Pour over chops and serve.
Manda... these pork chops were AWESOME! I normally bread my pork chops and bake them, which my family seems to like, but I was in the mood to try something different... boy was I glad I did! My husband normally doesn't say much when I try out a new recipe, but he really loved these! I followed the recipe almost exactly, except that I didn't thicken the sauce with the cornstarch. I accidently over looked that step. I will definitely be making these again! Thanks for posting! -Kim :)
These are by far one of the best pork chops I have ever tasted. My whole family loves them. I used sherry instead of the beef broth and did not thicken the sauce. Excellent recipe
I was looking for something different. We really enjoyed these. We are big garlic fans so I ended up using a lot more garlic. I will definitely make these again!