Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are fantastic! Don't let the thought of saltine crackers turn you away. You won't believe how delicious these turn out!
- 236.59 ml butter (do NOT use margarine)
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 311.84 g package chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 40 saltine crackers
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans (whatever you like, optional, optional) (optional) or 236.59 ml walnuts (whatever you like) (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Line jelly roll pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Lay crackers out flat on foil.
- Melt sugar and butter until foamy (3 minutes).
- Pour over crackers and spread to coat.
- Bake 10 minutes in 350ºF oven.
- Remove from oven.
- While hot, sprinkle with chocolate chips, let soften and melt, then spread.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Break into pieces like peanut brittle.
- Serves one, hee hee, two if you share!
Quick, easy and tasty. Reminds me of chocolate covered toffee. I halved the recipe and put it in a 9 x 13 pyrex. (used 15 saltines -they fit well and half of everything else). Put sliced almonds on the top. Yummy!
Really super yummy! They lose their crunch and get soggy fast though so eat em real quick or store em in a very airtight container.
These were outstanding!! Amazingly easy to prepare, and very fast, also. My printer got a real workout, as all of my co-workers wanted the recipe. Most of them have gotten turned on to Recipezaar, (if they've been smart!!) What a great snack these are, with so many easy variations!! Addictive!!!! Marianna U. Kretschmer