Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice substitute to traditional table salt.
Make and share this Salt Substitute recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon citric acid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients into an electric coffee grinder or blender, mix until combined.
- Place in shaker.
That's a lot of stuff to put into a salt substitute, but I followed your recipe right on down & then shared it during a small neighborhood potluck, & it did get the raves! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]