Herb Salt Substitute
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, ground, dried, grated
- In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- When thoroughly mixed, pour into a glass airtight container and store in a cool, dark place for up to four months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really good flavor combo - a little bit of everything! I had to omit the parsley because I don't keep dried on-hand. I added a little of this to tuna salad for sandwiches to test the flavor and we really enjoyed it. I went easy on the cayenne because the type that we have is extra-super-spicy and a whole Tbs would kill you- LOL. I think the lemon zest adds a lot. Thanks!!