Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Australian Good Food - I've been told to eat fresh salmon at least twice a week and this looks good so saving it here.
- 800 g baby potatoes
- 78.07 ml olive oil (80ml)
- 29.58 ml plain flour
- 14.78 ml sea salt (flakes)
- 22.18 ml peppercorns (cracked mixed)
- 4 (640 g) salmon fillets (skin on)
- 59.14 ml white balsamic vinegar (60ml)
- 1 small red onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 bunch chives (cut into 4cm lengths)
- 29.58 ml dill (roughly chopped)
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise (75 grams whole egg)
- 1 lime (finely grated rind or zest of)
- 1 lime (juice of, use 1/2 of the lime you zest)
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan forced.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until just cooked and drain and cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, gently flatten potatoes and place in a roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp.
- Combines the mayonnaise ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine flour, sea salt and cracked pepper and dust the flesh sides of the salmon in the flour mixture.
- Spray a non stick frying pan with oil and heat on high and cook salmon skin side down for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp and then turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Whisk vinegar and remaining olive oil and add warm potatoes, onions and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place smashed potatoes on serving plates and top with salmon and serve with lime mayonnaise.
Wow, I wish we had these kind of recipes around me! I adored this!....in every single way. Let me tell you why....first off; I followed this exactly, except dusting the salmon in flour. (duh! I forgot) however, this is the only difference. Everything was perfect. I cooked my taters' on top of my wood-stove - slowly - first boiling them as the author suggests, then putting them in a pan and cooking them with the rest of the ingredients. I quickly seared the salmon - then put that atop the lovely golden potatoes- and it was just heavenly! This is truly a more then 5 star recipe - so easy with all the taste you could and can imagine! Great for company, and easier the pouring a glass of warm milk before bedtime. Enjoy life, enjoy food, and enjoy your friends!
ok wow this is an amazing recipe i love the lime mayo it rocks the herbs on the potatoes rock i wouldnt do the vinegar on the potatoes again just a personal preferance this could be a recipe in a 5 star resteraunt its that good wow if i could give it more than 5 stars i would