Recipe by Rita~
Green salsa made with Tomatillos which are little green fruits surrounded with a papery husk.
Top Review by Starrynews
Wonderful salsa! It has a fresh, flavorful taste and comes out a beautiful green. We enjoyed both cold with chips and warmed with the olive oil over some enchiladas. Great both ways. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 29
- 4 cups tomatillos, husked and rinsed,cut in half
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 scallions, cut into 4
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, leave seeds in if you like it very hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, if serving warm
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop the garlic through the feed tube of a food processor with the metal blade in place and motor running to chop finely (about 10 seconds.) Add the scallions, parsley, cilantro, and jalapeno and chop finely (about 6 pulses of the motor).
- Add the tomatillos and salt and process until pureed, about 5 seconds.
- Refrigerate, covered.
- May be served warm In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add tomatillo mixture and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving bowl.
- Cover and let stand 1-2 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve warm.