Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very fattening, but oh so good! I had to tell DH to stop eating or there would be none for anyone else!
- 4 cups macaroni
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 8 cups shredded colby (I also use cheddar and mozzarella)
- granulated garlic
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Add tomato and green pepper to macaroni.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In med saucepan, sauté onion in butter until translucent.
- Stir in flour, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Add milk and salsa.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta and veggies, stir to evenly coat.
- Pour into a 9x13in pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
This was so easy, to prepare and a delight for a nice meal. Made no changes here, as there is no need too. The flavors are fantastic, and the taste is incredible. Can't wait to make again because it was soooo good. Made for PRMR tag.
This is incredibly difficult to stop eating! Which is a big problem, since it makes so much in volume! The only substitutions I made were an orange bell pepper and sharp cheddar cheese. Wonderful! Thanks, Sam #3! Made for PRMR.
The salsa really adds some zip to the mac and cheese! I used a red pepper instead of a green one, but that was the only change I made. I used a medium-mild salsa since the kids aren't the biggest fans of spicy food. Our only issue was that the dish wasn't salty enough, there is no salt in the ingredients and I guess the salsa and the cheese just don't have enough to give the entire dish the flavor we needed. But we can always sprinkle some on at the table, can't we? Great idea to add the salsa! Thanks!