Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Someone gave me this recipe a few years back and it's become a household favorite. You can use mild, medium or hot salsa depending on your taste. I usually serve it with Spanish rice and Mexican-style canned corn. Very easy and quick!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 19.71-24.64 ml taco seasoning mix
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 236.59-354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.
How easy was that? My butcher gets freakishly large chickens, so one breast-half was MORE than enough for the two of us. I sliced it against the grain, and fanned it over spanish rice. I did cook two, so the other one I will use in wraps or burritos tonight. Really moist, flavourful chicken, thanks!
I've made this recipe before from another site. Very yummy! A little too spicy for my family but I really liked it.
This chicken is super moist and the taco seasoning adds a little bit of a different twist. I like to use Pepper Jack cheese also. I discovered this recipe several months ago and it has quickly become a requested recipe at our house. Thanks for posting!