Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in a Canadian Living Magazine years ago. I don't have the magazine any more but I did write down the recipe. Here it is.
- 4 salmon fillets (skin removed)
- 4 carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Cook onion, garlic, 1 tsp thyme, pepper, artichokes, and anchovy paste. for ten minutes in a large skillet.
- Remove pan from heat. Add pepper, zucchini, and vinegar and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Put vegetables in 425° oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove, place salmon on top of vegetables. Brush with a mixture of 1/2 tsp thyme, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake an addition 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy.
This was a very nice and healthy dinner! I would have given it 5 stars for flavor but the ingredients list needs to be put in order of preparation and the instructions could be better. I used one 2oz can of anchovy fillets-mashed in place of the anchovy paste...I also used the 1T of oil from the anchovy can. I sauteed over low heat the anchovies, thyme and pepper for 5 minutes, then added the artichokes for the remaining 5 minutes and the garlic the last 2 minutes. I added the vinegar to the saute and then tossed the onions and other veggies with it. I then spread them out on a spray oiled large cookie sheet. I placed frozen salmon fillets over the veggies and spray oiled them and then sprinkled them with sea salt and thyme. I subbed green bell peppers for red and used 1 red and 1 white onion. I baked everything together at 425 for 40 minutes and it was all done at the same time. This was a complete meal for us and had a very nice flavor. I think the anchovies and vinegar are what make it special and I will double the sauce next time. I also will double the artichokes as they were our favorite thing in it!
Very good and a different way to make salmon. I skipped the carrots (out of) and the anchovy paste. We had this with baked potatoes and Apple-Pear Salad With Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing. Thanks for sharing!