Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a grocery store ad and made it for the World Wide RECIPEZAAR Cookout on February 10, 2002. My husband thought it was fantastic! We liked the raspberry glaze opposed to tartar sauce, and much fewer calories!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put butter and just enough lemon juice to cover bottom of a shallow pyrex baking dish.
- Put in oven until butter is melted.
- Wash salmon and cut into serving pieces.
- Place in baking dish with skin side down, sprinkle with pepper and bake for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes.
- Glaze: whisk vinegar and raspberry preserves until well blended.
- Set aside.
- To remove skin, slide a spatula under the fillet and the skin will remain in the baking dish.
- Place on serving plate and drizzle with glaze.
- I suggest rice and asparagus spears to accomyany this entree.
So simple with lots of flavor. I cooked it as one big fillet and also only used 1/2 the vinegar. Great recipe when dinner needs to be on the table quickly.
This was as tasty as it was easy to make. Baking in the butter & lemon juice resulted in a moist fish & the glaze was just the right combination of sweet and sour. I used balsamic vinegar & some jaboticaba jelly, as I was out of rasperry. It is a bit more tart than raspberry, but very similar in taste.