Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This truly is a good dish, not at all overpowered by the onion, the cheese stands out as the prominent flavor. Healthy and delicious. Use lower-fat cheeses if desired.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup spinach, chopped and cooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pieces salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with vegetable spray.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion, let cook until just starting to soften, add the spinach, garlic, basil and oregano and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add both cheeses and the salt and pepper to the skillet and mix well.
- Make a horizontal slit through the side of the salmon going about 2 inches across creating a pocket, leaving room at both edges.
- Divide the filling among each piece of salmon.
- Next, in a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, parmesan and oil and sprinkle overtop of the 4 salmon fillets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork.
Delicious! We eat this a couple of times a month.