Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really easy recipe to make it sounds like a lot of ingredients but they are just going in a blender so it does not take a really long time to prepare. This recipe could also be done on the BBQ cooking salmon as a whole rather than cutting it down into individual fillets.
- 4 -6 salmon fillets (This makes enough sauce for 6 servings.)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint, packed
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh coriander, packed
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided use
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine, divided use
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- parmesan cheese, grated (extra for topping)
- In a food processor, add mint, Parmesan cheese, coriander, garlic, green onions, basil, chili sauce. Carefully pour 1/4 cup olive oil in while blending thoroughly, set to one aside.
- In a large dish, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 1/4 cup white wine and pepper. Add salmon and marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a pan and cook salmon until starts to flake 4-6 Min's a side depending on the thickness of the fillet. Or grill on the BBQ 12-15 Min's, again according to the weight you have bought.
- While salmon is cooking. Combine in a saucepan, cream and 1/4-cup white wine and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring a couple of minutes until reduced slightly, add chicken stock and stir to dissolve, add the garlic mixture, simmer a few more minutes, stirring to allow the potent flavour of the garlic to settle down.
- To Serve: Arrange salmon on a plate pour sauce over and top with grated parmesan cheese. I served mine with wild rice and herbs, but serve with you favourite vegetables or salad whatever you prefer.