Recipe by Vino Girl
I think these would be nice also if you made them small, and served them as an appetizer. From Holly Clegg.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs salmon fillets, skinned
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Stir together mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, onion, and capers. Refrigerate.
- TO MAKE PATTIES: Trim salmon and cut into pieces; place in the food processor or chop finely by hand. Add the onion, mayonnaise, dill weed, and bread crumbs; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat. Make the salmon mixture into 6 patties and brown the patties over a high heat for 1 minute. Lower heat and continue cooking for a few minutes; turn over and continue cooking about 3 more minutes. Serve with Horseradish Caper Sauce.