Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Cook's Companion. Very versatile recipe, you can change or add the herbs/spices that you like!
- Parboil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine salmon, hoisin, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes, cool and peel them.
- Shred potatoes into strips using the coarse side of a grater.
- Add potato and breadcrumbs to salmon mixture and mix gently with your fingers; try not to break up the strips of potato too much.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions, shape each portion into a compact cake of approx 1/2 inch in thickness, pressing well together.
- Coat the cakes lightly with flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in skillet, and fry salmon cakes for 3-5 minutes each side (until crisp and golden brown).
- Drain on paper towels to remove excess grease and serve with sauce of your choice (tartare, mayonnaise, ketchup); althought personally I love them with Thai chilli sauce or sambal.
This was so easy to make and my husband and I really like it.Thanks for sharing the recipe.