Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe is from Epicurious. I had to save it here to make the recommened complete meal.
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (6 inch) pita bread rounds or 3 slices firm white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together salmon, pita, mayonnaise, egg, coriander, cayenne, 1 tablespoon chives, 1 teaspoon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Season with black pepper and form into 4 cakes (4 inches in diameter).
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook salmon cakes, turning over once, until golden and just cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes total.
- Stir together yogurt, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining tablespoon chives, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon zest. Serve salmon cakes with sauce.
- Serve with: Moroccan eggplant salad; sliced tomatoes drizzled with fruity olive oil; or celery and potato salad; (serve in place of the yogurt sauce).