Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A family comfort dish that my DH appreciates. The entire group will enjoy this easily made meal.
- 113.39 g mushroom
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 158.51 ml fine plain breadcrumbs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- hot cooked egg noodles with butter
- Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil. Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Combine half the chopped vegetables with the ground beef, 1/3 cup of the breadcrumbs, the salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into patties, a scant ½ inch thick.
- Place the patties on the broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn over and broil for 7 minutes longer, or until browned on top.
- While patties are cooking, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the reserved chopped vegetables to the skillet and sauté until the onion is slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, tomato paste and remaining 1/3 cup breadcrumbs.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over Salisbury steaks before serving. Serve steaks with buttered egg noodles. Makes 4 servings.
Quick,tasty and easy! If your a gravy/sauce lover double gravy/sauce recipe!