This is a very old recipe. I remember when I was first out on my own about 27 years ago, I made this dish. It is still just as good today. I had lost my original recipe which had come from a newspaper clipping, but just recently found it online at cheftochef.net. They received it from "Reminisce" Magazine posted by Debbie Carlson - Cooking Echo==Cortesy of Dale & Gail Shipp, Columbia MD.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, Undiluted
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Prepared
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, Prepared
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- In bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershie Sauce and horseradish.
- Blend Well and set Aside.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- Add bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil and drain.
- Combine remaining soup mixture with water and mushrooms.
- Pour over patties, cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is done.
- Remove patties to a serving platter and spoon sauce over meat.