Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from about.com website.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine (optional)
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, grated onion, salt, marjoram, and pepper; mix well. Divide meat into 6 portions; shape into oval patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- Broil Salisbury steak 3 inches from heat for 3 to 4 minutes; turn and broil other side of Salisbury steak for about 4 minutes, or until done as desired.
- Prepare gravy mix as package directs; stir in mushrooms and wine, if using. Heat through.
- Pour gravy over salisbury steak patties and serve with potatoes.
- Salisbury steak recipe serves 6.