Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3 -4 scallions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- olive oil
- Wash the lettuce leaves very well under cold running water.
- Chop the lettuce finely, and put it in a bowl.
- To it, add the scallions and dill.
- Add salt, olive oil, and vinegar to taste.
- Traditionally, this salad has a tart flavor (a little extra vinegar).
This is five... Made with cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar and sea salt, plus the rest of the ingredients. Why not make this again!
I love, love, love this salad. So very refreshing with a heavier meal. Will be having it for St. Paddy's day along side and Irish stew!
Great! I didn't have fresh dill so I soaked some in a little water and white vinegar, enough to make the dill moist. I tossed the romaine shreds in olive oil and then added the soaked dill and water, vinegar.Sliced the green onions paper thin and used most of the green stems. Tossed. Covered and chilled about 1 hour. Posted this way in case some chef do not have access to fresh dill. The taste was very refreshing! Thanks for posting.