Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something different for your party goers. Nice to look at and good to eat.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions or 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 25 slices salami, thin
- Blend softened cheese, mayo, chives and tobasco sauce.
- Make 5 stacks of salami slices, spread cheese mix between slices.
- Cover and chill throughly.
- Cut each stack into 6 equal wedges.
- Serve each with a cocktail pick in the center.
I am surprised that this simple recipe hasn't been reviewed yet. I was considering it for my Christmas open house and tried it out tonight. Hubby says it is a keeper to be served with crackers. I used green onions (diced really finely) and a good dash of cayenne pepper (instead of the Tabasco. My hard salami was only about 3" in diameter, and made nice portions cut into fourths. The flavors will really depend on the quality of the salami. My salami has a nice tang which really worked well with the bite of the onion and creaminess of the cheese mix. The pepper added a nice heat in the background.
Very nice appetizer. I followed the instructions using the listed ingredients. I will consider making these again.
I made these for my christmas party and they were a hit...with many asking for the recipe. I have always had a soft spot for salami and cream cheese anyway. I did some things slightly different. I used an 8 oz package of chive and onion cream cream cheese (and so omitted the onion called for in the recipe). We chilled overnight and then sliced into 8 triangles. We will defnitely make these again.